This qualification is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. It is the latest addition to NEBOSH globally-recognised health, safety, environmental and risk management qualifications.
The qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling delegates to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore.
The Certificate also highlights the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
The syllabus consists of one unit (Unit IOG1) that is divided into a number of elements. The Unit is a taught unit assessed by one two-hour written examination. The examination consists of ten “short-answer” questions and one “long-answer” question. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
This e-learning CBT course is an exam prepartion course only. Upon the completion of this CBT course, participants need to register for the 2-hour written examination which will be organized separately by Haward Technology in one of the hotels in Dubai.
The examination fees of US $ 200 per participant for minimum of 5 participants shall be paid as per the below Course & Exam Registration section.
Upon the successful completion of this course, each participant will be able to:-
- Get prepared for the examination on NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Explain the purpose and procedures for investigating incidents and improve health and safety in the oil and gas industry
- Clarify the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products
- Outline the risk management techniques and explain the purpose and content of an organization’s documented evidence to provide a convincing and valid argument that a system is adequately safe
- Carryout the principles of assessing and managing contractors including the roles of parties involved
- List the tools, standards, measurement, competency requirements and controls applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Discuss the role and purpose of a permit-to-work system and explain the key principles of safe shift handover
- Identify the importance of safe plant operation, maintenance of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Recognize the hazards, risks and controls to ensure safe start up and shut down of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
- Classify the various types of failure modes and failures that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbons
- Perform appropriate controls available to maintain safety critical equipment and recognize the hazards, risks and controls available for safe containment of hydrocarbons offshore and onshore including operating boilers and furnaces and fire hazards, risks and controls relating to hydrocarbons
- Carryout appropriate control measures to minimize the effects of fire and explosion
- Implement the principles, procedures and resources for effective emergency response
- Identify the main hazards for marine and land transport
Who Should Attend
This course provides a wide understanding and deeper appreciation of oil and gas operational safety in accordance with the international standards for those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day-to-day duties. This includes managers, supervisors, safety representatives and newly qualified health and safety advisors within the oil and gas industries who are seeking NEBOSH international technical certification. Participants must have an underpinning knowledge of safety issues and may already have studied one of NEBOSH’s certificate-level of qualifications.
Course & Exam Registration
e-Learning CBT Training Course
NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety available course
NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety (Inclusive of exam sitting fees, shipping, candidate registration fees, venue charges and coffee/tea/biscuits).
Exam Location : Dubai (Any other locations can be assigned if a minimum of 5 participants opted to sit for the exam in that